Does your body over react to foreign invaders?
Allergies are over reactions to substances that typically should be harmless. Your immune system attacks the “foreigner” and creates lots of symptoms in the process.
- 1 in 5 have allergy or asthma symptoms in US
- Over 50% of US population tests positive to at least one or more allergens
- Annual cost of 7.9 Billion for healthcare related to allergies in US
- If parents have allergies it is highly likely that the child will have allergies
- Food allergies in children increased 50% from 1997 – 2011
- Economic cost of children’s food allergies is nearly 25 Billion per year
- Eight foods account for 90% of all food allergic reactions