Keeping your child healthy can be a challenge.
We deal with a wide variety of childhood disorders and treat them here at the Crossing Back to Health functional medicine clinic.
- Behavior – Hyperactivity / Lethargy / Aggressiveness – Behavior problems can be quite a challenge for parents. What’s normal – what’s not? Sometimes behavioral problems are a reflection of underlying health issues like food intolerances, poor digestion or biochemical imbalances. We can help to sort this out for you. Please fill out a request for information or an appointment.
- Colic – Colic is when a baby cries for more than three hours a day, more than three days per week. That’s a lot of crying and can really stress the baby and parents out. Up to 25% of infants have colic. Recent studies have shown that probiotics can be very helpful to reduce the crying, spitting up and increase bowel movements. Read our Digestive Health and Flora sections for more information. Call us today.
- Developmental Delays
- Digestive stress – Reflux / Diarrhea / Constipation
- Food Allergies
- Poor attention
- Poor growth and failure to thrive – Failure to thrive refers to children whose current weight or rate of weight gain is much lower than that of similar aged children. I commonly see children who are low on the growth chart, or off the charts all together who begin to grow with improved digestion and intestinal flora.
- Sleep disturbance and nightmares
Many children struggle with a variety of sleep problems.
- Difficulty winding down enough to fall asleep
- Night time awakenings
- Wakes up too early
- Decreased requirement for sleep
- Poor quality of sleep – eyes are closed by the quality of sleep is not restorative. Likely will awaken grumpy despite apparent adequate sleep.
- Nightmares and night terrors.
It can be exhausting to say the least when you have a child with any of these issues. We are here to help. Contact us for more information.