Skin, Hair & Nails
Itching for relief?
- Acne is a skin problem that begins when oil and dead skin cells clog up your pores.
- It can be mild or quite severe resulting in cysts and scarring.
- Commonly begins in teenage years when the hormones begin to change.
- Traditional approach to initial treatment usually involves topical products and possibly chronic antibiotics. Since there is more and more resistant microbes emerging from overuse of antibiotics it may be helpful to consider a nontraditional approach for treatment of acne.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine refers to acne as a condition of “damp heat” related to the liver – so herbals that are decongesting or drying and cooling that work on the liver are very helpful for acne.
- Homeopathic drainage remedies targeting the skin, liver and lung can be helpful as well.