Makes 8 servings
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon guar or xanthan gum
- More water if required
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread on greased parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Press flat - (about ⅛-inch thick).
- Bake for about 30 minutes on each side.
- Immediately after removal from oven, score the seeds (they will still be pliable at this point, but score right away, as they will firm up quickly). A pizza cutter works well.
Tips: Before spreading on cookie sheet, oil hands or spatula, to keep seeds from sticking to hands. Watch closely so that you don’t burn the seeds. May consider longer duration of time at lower cooking temp (i.e., 250° F).
Dr. Amy Davis M.D.