Refreshing and healthy!
Perfect for the summer. Easy, cooling and aids in detoxification.
- ½ small cucumber – sliced thin
- 1 lemon – sliced thin
- 1 inch – grated ginger
- ¼ cup – fresh mint
** Use organic if at all possible. If not organic then peel the cucumber and wash the lemon, ginger, and mint thoroughly using the Fruit and Veggie Wash recipe.
- Improved digestion – lemon, mint and ginger
- Astringent – removes excess fluids
- “Cool as a cucumber” – cucumbers and mint have cooling properties – great for the heat and hot flashes.
- Aids in weight loss
- Powerful liver detoxification – helps to astringe the liver and alkalinize pH
- Immune boosting – lemons are full of vitamin C
- Soothes the stomach and adds a touch of sweetness – mint and ginger
- Rehydration – cucumbers are 95% water
- Anti-inflammatory – cucumber
- Source of vitamins – cucumber contain Vitamin K,
- May help to prevent of cardiovascular disease and some cancers – cucumbers contain lignans and phytonutrients that have potential benefits for these conditions.
- Antioxidants – cucumbers, lemons
- Rich source of phytonutrients, vitamins (K, B5, biotin, B1, and C) are all contained in cucumbers.
- Motions sickness – ginger is well known to help with nausea and motion sickness
- Improved circulation and reduced muscle cramps– ginger stimulates circulation
To Your Health!
Dr. Amy Davis M.D.