Makes 2 servings. Each serving is about 8 to 10 ounces.
- 1/2 Cup Green tea (cold)
- 1 Cup Hemp or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1-2 Tbsp. Chia seeds (whole or ground)
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp. Ginger (dried) OR 1/2 tsp. Ginger (fresh, minced)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1 Tsp. Maple syrup OR 1 tsp. Stevia.
- 1/2 Cup. Blueberries (no added sugar)
- 1/2 Cup. Strawberries (no added sugar)
- 1/2 Cup. Mango (no added sugar)
- 1 Cup. Baby spinach (packed)
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 Cup of ice to increase thickness.
Add prepared green tea and help or almond milk to blender.
Add the rest of the ingredients, in order listed, ending with the baby spinach. Blend at low speeds until ingredients are mixing. Gradually increase speed to high and blend well for 1 minute.
Serve immediately. If you cannot serve immediately, omit the chia seeds; after a short period, these will start to set the mixture.
Dr. Amy Davis M.D.